MDM are becoming the future of Group Policy Objects (GPO). This allows admins, to deploy company policies to computers all over the world. Without the need to access a network through VPN or by connecting on site for the users.
I wondered how to disable the public windows store with intune, but let the users use the private company store (Windows Business Store).
Here is how.
First, you need to create a new MDM :
- Add a name for your MDM
- Add a description
- Platform : Windows 10 and later
- Profile type : Custom
- Name : RequireOnlyPrivateStore
- Description : Custom OMA-URI to allow only private store
- OMA-URI : ./User/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/ApplicationManagement/RequirePrivateStoreOnly
- Data Type : Integer
- Value : 1
- Save and Assign the policy to all user or a selected groups.
For all users, Public store will disappear and let only the private store to be shown. This allows the admins to manage which apps the users can install on they computers.